Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Bad Week

This past week was very difficult for my family. Our beloved Aunt Betty Rose, my mom's only sister, passed away unexpectedly from a pulmonary embolism. Aunt Betty was a joyful, selfless, wonderful woman who loved and emulated her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Dru and Fin were able to accompany me to southern California for her funeral, which nearly 800 people attended. We had a nice time of reconnection with all the cousins - there are 8 of us immediate cousins, and we always so enjoy getting together. We would have enjoyed our time even more if the occasion wasn't so sad. Aunt Betty, we love you and will miss you until we see you again.

The 8 cousins in our traditional "line-up" photo by age - we've been taking line-up photo for years now and knew we might not get another chance any time soon
The silly line-up


It was an exhausting four days - Fin fell asleep in Dru's hand on the airplane during the trip home - he was such a trooper for all the traveling

To make matters worse, the day before Aunt Betty died, I had a get a cortisone shot in my wrist due to a condition called De Queverian's Tenosynovitis, a very painful condition that has been bothering me for six months. I had to wear this brace for a week straight, and then at bedtime for another 2 weeks. Yuck.

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about your Aunt:( Give my condolences to your Mom, OK???
    Thank God Dru could go with you! The picture of Fin face down in Dru's hand is priceless!!!! One of my Favorites! Take Care! Love & Prayers
    Aunt Mellie Pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your Aunt, Margo...
    I am glad little Fin is such a good traveler...
    The cousins pictures are awesome! I am glad you had some time to spend with them.
    Take care of your arm! Rest, and rest...
    Love
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete