Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Big News

We have finally arrived in the land of blogging! I guess it occasionally takes a monumental event in some people's lives to finally start this whole blogging thing. Well, our monumental event has arrived...

We're having a baby!!! We found out in early November that I was pregnant. So far the pregnancy is going well minus daily nausea and lots of trips to the porcelain throne. However, it has been 16 total days since I last made that trip, a record thus far in the pregnancy! Strange how pregnancy affects nearly EVERY part of my physical body - my eyes are blurry, things taste strange, I can't STAND the smell of some dishsoaps or woodsmoke, I am elated one second and am in the dumps the next, I am craving cheese 24/7 (ANYTHING cheese), my hair is huge one day and flat as a pancake the next, my skin is darkening, and I'm way more ticklish than I was. Weird. I have finally started feeling the baby move - I liken it to the sensation of swallowing a small hamster; very delightfully strange.




13 weeks


My belly continues to swell, athough I've only gained 8 lbs. so far. My baby bulge isn't huge yet(thankfully) but it's defiantely becoming uncomfortable when I'm sleeping.




17 weeks



We had our second ultrasound today to find out what we were having....IT'S A BOY!!! Here's his ultrasound pictures.





It's a BOY -the small white arrow is pointing to the "turtle" sign, AKA a penis.



Here he's got one hand under his chin (he's already pondering!) and one on top of his head. You can see his profile.




Here is his perfect little profile - he's got a tiny little button nose like his father. Isn't he adorable?! (I know...we're biased)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congrats! I am so excited for you.... and I am so excited you have a blog now so I can follow whats up in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to have a little nephew! Congrats Sis and B.I.L.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the both of you!!! Soon you will be mommy and daddy-and a boy, how exciting! I am glad that you are finally feeling better, all that nausea is terrible-I certainly do remember that! What is your due date? You have a cute little pregnant bump!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see his little button nose cute!.... HMMMMM I will have to pay more attention to Dru's nose!.....am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete