Friday, March 20, 2009

Will He Ever Remember?

We're more than half-way to the arrival of our little man. That realization triggered a small bout of panic for me as I started thinking about the nursery, crib, clothes, bags, toys, diapers, formula, etc etc etc..... So, I dragged my ever-patient husband down to Babies 'R Us down in Portland to start looking at "baby things". What we found was slightly overwhelming - 150 different nursery themes for baby boys, girls, or unisex. WHAT?!? By the time he's 4 he'll have outgrown the "ABC's" theme and want something cool like Power Rangers instead - is it worth the $176 for a 4-piece bedding set that he'll use for 3-4 years? OF COURSE IT IS! Look how CUTE these nursery themes are! Dru snapped a shot of me next to one of our favorites - 'Ahoy Matey'.


After the shopping, my wise husband realized we needed a little "us time" - soon to become precious - so he took me to dinner and a movie. We still haven't bought our first baby thing yet, but we sure enjoyed a large plate of pasta.

1 comment: