Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fin's Nursery and Impending Arrival

At my doctor's appointment last week, everything looked good and "right on track." She decided to check my cervix for dilation since she was swabbing me for Group B Strep anyway. As it turns out, my cervix is already soft, 2cm dilated and 70% effaced (thinned out). While this means that labor could still be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks away, it is nice to know my body is doing everything it should be and that there is an end to this. :) I've had some VERY strong contractions over the past few days - one so strong that I couldn't walk anymore, which turned out to be rather inconvenient as Dru and I were in a Walmart aisle with about 12 gazillion (hyperbole??) other people - I just whispered to Dru "can't walk, pretend to look at the bread selection" while I breathed my way through the darn thing.

So, we think that Fin's arrival might (MIGHT) just happen before the end of the month. Since we both had a long weekend due to the holiday, we spent a majority of the day getting ready for baby. We took a trip to BRU (Babies R Us for you who haven't spent gobs of hours there) and bought the "must haves" on our registry - crib mattress, changing pad, diaper pail... Then we cleaned and vacuumed out the car, and figured out how to install the car seat. So, we are ready for his arrival! Here are some pictures of his nursery for your enjoyment! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Margo, my sweet clarinet playing Margo! I found your blog thru Keesha Blaylock--hope you don't mind! You look fantastic preggers! (although by now I'm sure you're not feeling that way) I had a dream about you a few weeks back--and bam! I find out you have a blog....yay! Post new pictures when your little man arrives!
    Love your clarinet buddy--
    erin

    ReplyDelete