Monday, May 31, 2010

Changes

Well, it's finally time to come clean with you all. For those of you who don't know, Dru and I are expecting our second child October 21, 2010. We were a bit surprised - I was still breastfeeding Fin and we were taking precautions, but God had other plans for our family. And, it's actually going to be a significant and relevant birth to the Findley family, as there have been several generations born when a parent was 30 years old - my great-grandfather was 30 when he had my grandfather, my grandfather was 30 when he had my dad, my dad was 30 when he had me, and now I'll be 30 when I have this new one! So, that's really neat for us. I am 20 weeks pregnant (halfway there already!) but we have yet to find out what we're having. All of my appointments have been good - I really like my OB, Dr. Dustan Hughes. Dru and I will probably opt to deliver at a birthing center rather than the hospital, and Dr. Hughes delivers at the center (for those of you who don't know, a birthing center is designed to simulate a home birth, but has medical emergency equipment right at hand just in case - doctors rarely deliver at them (it's usually just midwives) but my doc champions the center and delivers there as well!)

I have been EXTREMELY sick with this pregnancy - nauseous around the clock and vomiting multiple times a day, but fortunately it's finally starting to calm down. I am still nauseous periodically, but it's been almost 2 weeks since I vomited (knock on wood) and my energy is returning. Working 12 hour days at a busy pediatric clinic while nauseous and exhausted has been a real challenge, but the folks at work have been wonderful and I've made it through. My belly has popped out much sooner and much bigger this time around - I still hadn't built my abdominal muscles back up from the last time around. I felt rather ridiculous and a little depressed at having to bust out maternity clothes 14 weeks into the pregnancy, but I have to be comfortable! :)

12 weeks pregnant - I already have a belly


16 weeks pregnant - look at this monster - I can't imagine what I'll look like at 30 weeks!


Our other bit of very large, and for us life-changing, news is that Dru was offered a job with the city of Boise as the Plant Mechanic at the wastewater treatment plant. To maintain unemployment status, Dru was required to apply to 3 jobs a week. He happened to apply to this job, thinking there was no way he'd be qualified for it. However, they called him up for an interview, and out of over 100+ applicants, they chose him. To be honest, I was devastated at first - we had finally got into a routine with Dru staying home with Fin and it was so nice for me to have the extra support at home with being so sick with this pregnancy. But, this will be a great job for Dru, will allow him to mingle with other guys, the benefits are fantastic, and our church daycare had 2 openings in the infant and toddler room one week before Dru accepted the job. I am still really struggling with the whole daycare thing for our children - I cry every time I think about someone else watching over my babies 3 days a week - so please pray for me to have peace about this. Thankfully, the daycare is at our church and the infant room only has 3 other babies. I know Fin will have a blast playing with the other kids - he LOVES people - but it's still hard for me to accept...the waterworks are starting to flow again even as I type this. So, if you think about us in the coming days, please pray. Dru starts his new job tomorrow, but Fin won't go to daycare until Thursday, my first day of work this week.
The job offer letter that Dru received - pretty incredible!

2 comments:

  1. Margo all these are very good news. God is good and it is good to confess His goodness!...I will be praying for you, our times are in the hands of the Lord...(Psalm 31.15)
    You look beautiful pregnant again!
    Thanks for the funny videos of Fin, we enjoyed seeing Fin so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new little addition to your family!! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete