Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I celebrated my FIRST Mother's Day on Sunday. What a sweet day! Dru and I hosted a barbeque at our home for my family. We had so much fun.

Me with my pride and joy, my sweet little boy


In the background you can see the lovely flowers that Dru got me for my first mother's day and to celebrate our second anniversary, which was the next day (May 10th).


When everyone arrived, it was off to our patio for some grillin'. I'd made Dru an apron for our anniversary (2nd anniversary is cotton, so I got him a cotton apron labeled "Dru: Grill Master".


All the moms - clockwise from lower left: Grandma, sister Chelsea, Mom, me, sister Julia, niece Callia (who's not a mom yet but she loves to have her picture taken!) :)


All the moms with their kids!


The babies need to eat, too. Fin can't enjoy BBQ quite yet, but he still loves his bottle!


New Brother-in-Law, Heath, who supplied to brownies and the beer for the occasion

My dad, enjoying the day and the grandkids


Then it was back inside for homemade ice cream courtesy of the Grill Master. He made two batches - coffee for all the ladies and strawberry for the gents - YUM!
Fin loves his cousin Callia and she's more than happy to play with him




Fin's also a sucker for Aunt Chelsea


The gang, enjoying ice cream


Julia, Gretchen, and Ben. Ben supplied potato salad, fruit salad, chips, buns, and drinks for the event. Way to go, Ben!


Gretchen and Callia inspecting the ice cream

We had a lovely afternoon, and we had some nice (albeit windy) weather for the occasion. Someday, I WILL post pictures of our entire house and yard, I promise! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, in your Anniversary and in your First Year Mother's Day! Enjoy motherhood! The pictures are adorable...Fin is always so happy, What a good boy! And I love the apron of the Grill Master...Your family is so beautiful, Margo!I miss seeing Dru making his Ice-cream and Hannah misses it, too! It is good to see him making Ice-cream in Idaho for his nieces.

    ReplyDelete