Friday, October 1, 2010

More Fin

Our little man continues to grow and is such a source of joy, laughter, and wonder. He is a very active little boy - into everything and so curious about everyone that crosses his path. He is speaking now, saying several words including "cracker" "water" "juice" "puppy" "blankie" "hi" "ball" and "uh-oh". He surprised us with "cracker" which he says with perfect clarity - anytime Dru or I go into the walk-in pantry, Fin gets excited and says "cracker?" as he knows that's where we keep the crackers. Funny. Here's some pictures of the past 6 weeks or so of our recent endeavors.

For the day of my birthday, we went to the Western Idaho Fair. Here's our family.


We went to watch miniature pigs race for an Oreo cookie - Fin was enthralled.


He liked those pigs!



We also checked out some livestock, like this long-horned steer.
This was Fin's reaction to getting too close to the steer...too funny


Birthday Mama with her sweet babe


Over Labor Day weekend, we went camping with my two sisters and their families. It was Fin's first time to really walk/run outside. He was in 3rd heaven!


Playing with cousin Callia, who's always such a good sport with him.


All 3 cousins "helping" Dru set up the tent


Yay! We have a bed!


"Are we done yet, Daddy?"


My parents drove up for a day to have lunch and hang out with us. Here's the whole gang around the campfire.


We went fishing - the only fish in the lake were perch and a few trout.


We all caught some perch, even the preggo lady!


Dru and I catching a rare chance to enjoy some couple time while Fin napped in the tent.


Lovebugs


Fin, of course, loved playing with Poppy, who was more than happy to oblige him


Running to Poppy


Hanging out with the rest of the gang - I love this picture


We went hiking around the lake - Fin caught a ride with Daddy. Yes, those are socks on his hands - we didn't bring any mittens and it was cold.


The view of the lake and mountains. Gorgeous.


Our fam enjoying God's beauty


Fin also enjoys books, if we can get him to sit still for a few minutes. Here's, he's snuggled down with mom.


He also came with us when I went back to the hospital for what I thought was labor - turned out to be a false alarm but Fin enjoyed running all over that hospital!


My niece, Gretchen, turned 2 on 9/26. Here's a cute picture of the 3 grandkids with Nana and Poppy.


Fin also has two stuffed puppies that he loves. He drags them around everywhere and when he spots one of them after not having seen it for awhile, he shrieks and says "puppy! puppy!"


He still likes playing with cars/trucks and has started putting large Lego's together


And here you can see how many teeth our happy little bug has - 12 total, with 4 more coming in


I'll end with a few videos. Somewhere (probably daycare) Fin learned that when you push a car around, you make a motor sound with your mouth. He's been doing it for a few days and it makes us laugh.



He also imitates everything. Here, he got a hold of the washcloth I typically wipe him and his highchair down with after eating, and imitated my wiping of the tray

And here, he's fascinated with the water coming out of the tap in the bath. I love his shriek because this is how he is with every new discovery. *warning* - Fin is nude in this video, so don't watch if it makes you uncomfortable

1 comment:

  1. Dru, Margo and Fin, Congratulations for the birth of baby girl! I can't wait to see pictures of her also. She must be beautiful!
    I love the picture where Fin is sitting on a chair, is my favorite one!...He is developing well his skills, talking already and running and cleaning! Such a little man!I love hearing his voice.
    Thank you so much to keep updates of him, so we do not miss every step of his growing. (I don't know if I said this well).
    I love you, guys!
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete