Sunday, June 21, 2009

35 weeks....ALREADY.....and Pericarditis

Well, I got a little behind on the picture-taking every 4 weeks. Here is my 35-week belly shot - our little man is due to arrive in just 4 weeks and 5 days (but who's counting?!?) The pregnancy continues to go well, although I was very ill last week with a viral upper respiratory infection, which actually caused the outer lining of my heart to swell, a condition called PERIDCARDITIS (sounds ominous, doesn't it?!). I thought I was having a heart attack! - I kept getting episodes of acute chest pain that traveled up into my neck and down my left arm. Dru stayed home from work last Monday after a horrible night and took me to the doctor first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, there is nothing to do about it except rest and time - if I wasn't pregnant, I would have started large doses of anti-inflammatories, but those medicines are dangerous in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy as they can cause bleeding. Ah, what our bodies can do. I am feeling so much better now....still a little tired but overall much better.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Very scary!!! I'm so glad you and baby are okay.

    I can't believe how close to d-day you are! Not to make you nervous or anything, but you know Kate was born at 36 weeks... :)

    ReplyDelete