Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baby Shower

The sweet ladies from church threw us a surprise baby shower today! Dru was supposed to "distract" me after church until 1:15 but he's a pretty bad liar - he couldn't think of a single thing to do, so he dragged me to a bookstore despite my protests of "I'm starving!" and "What are we doing?!?" When we finally got back in the car to go home, instead of turning right towards home, he turned left, back towards the church. I started to protest, but he said, "I'll pay you $5 if you don't ask me any questions for the next 10 minutes and just trust me." I knew then that something was difnately up, proabably a baby shower. It was pretty funny. We arrived at the church and he made me shut my eyes on the way in - and *surprise!* it was a baby shower. We had a lovely time.

The Happy Expectant Couple


The cake made by one of the church women - very cute


Opening gifts


Great gifts


My dear friend, Linda, who threw the shower and who got us a diaper cake

1 comment:

  1. What a fun celebration!

    I could empathize with your last post, by the way. I am exactly the same way when Martin is gone (which he was the last two nights). Someone once told me it gets better when you have kids --I guess because you have some company in the house-- I beg to differ.

    ReplyDelete