Saturday, November 28, 2009

Farewells

During our last week in Maine, we had several farewell parties and get-togethers with friends.
Fin had to say goodbye to his wonderful babysitter, Hannah, who did such an exceptional job caring for him. We LOVED Hannah and are sad we can't take her with us to Idaho!


We said farewell to the nursing staff at St. Mary's hospital, where I round on the newborn babies and where Fin was born. Fin got to see the nurse, Darcy, who was there for his entire delivery - she was amazing!

Darcy and Fin


Fin and me with Darcy


Fin loved all the attention



We also said goodbye to all our friends at my work - since Dru brought Fin there every day for lunch, everyone got to know them pretty well, also.

Ann, my PA bud, with Fin


Three stooges (well, two old cronies and one young PA - me and my other PA buds, Jonathan and Dan)


With some of the front office homies - Dan R, Liz, and Marisa


My cookie partner in crime and fellow PA, Angela (aka "Angie Pange")


A mixed bunch - April, the medical assistant big kahuna, Dr. Ray Loo, me, Annie, and Fin

The medical assistant with the mostest, my bud Danyelleeeeee

Me and Fin with "Uncle Brenda" - Fin has too many aunts, so Brenda got to be uncle; she's the only one that could consistently make Fin smile

Me & Fin with Lynn, the super-star billing manager, whose little girl, Lauren, I took care of at the office on occasion

We also said good-bye to a whole bunch of church friends. Tina Salisbury had a little get-together dinner at her house, which was sad for me. I've spent a lot of time and shared a lot of laughter and tears at that house.

Me with Tina

Tina with Fin


Linda and Chantelle Jordan with Fin (Linda threw us a baby shower and Chantelle was one of the jr. highers that Dru and I led in a small group)

Me with the girls - Bethany, Rebekah, and Chantelle; I've known these girls for 3 years now and have watched them grow into young ladies -- I'm going to miss them sorely


Also, our dear friends, Marty and Deborah O'Brien (Marty married us) hosted a bon voyage party for us at their house.

Me, Dru and Finny at the O'Briens

I went to one last baby shower held in honor of JoAnn McDonald who was good friends with Dru long before we got married who then became good friends with me.

Jo, Me, and Fin

And, dear Aunt Mellie Pie was at the shower - Fin thought she was absolutely the bee's knees and couldn't stop grinning at her. Aunt Mellie Pie loved that! She's going to be sorely missed as well. (Yes, I know my son is missing a sock in this picture -- I can't seem to keep them on him!)

It was tough saying goodbye to everyone, but we had so much to look forward to at the same time. It was certainly bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment