Saturday, November 28, 2009

We're THERE

After arriving in Boise, our first stop was at Julia and Ben's house. Julia was taking care of our niece, Callia, that day and Callia REALLY wanted to see her cousin, Fin. So, we got there just before Callia and Gretchen's naptime, so they had a few minutes to see/play with Fin.

Julia, Gretchen, Me, Fin, and Callia


Callia holding Fin - she was so thrilled to see him again!

Gretchen found Fin interesting - she even poked him and patted his tummy like she does to the dogs...very funny!


Then, it was back in the U-Haul for the hour-long trip to Ontario, Oregon where we met up with Mom and Dad at our favorite family restaraunt...DAIRY QUEEN. It was so nice to be back home again. Unfortunately, we only got to spend the rest of the afternoon/evening together before my mom had to leave for California to go and be with her sister, my aunt Betty, who was having surgery to remove nodules from her lung.

The first evening there in Ontario, we were privelaged enough to see one of my best friends from childhood, Marissa, who happened to be visiting her parents in Ontario. Marissa and her husband, Scott, live in Colorado and I hadn't seen her in over 6 years - she has 5 children and I'd only met the oldest. So, I got to meet her entire family, including their newest, Avram, who is 3 weeks younger than Fin. It was so nice to be able to see them.

Me, Fin, Marissa, and Avram


We spent a nice, relaxing day with Poppy - I don't know who enjoyed it more - Poppy or Fin. Then, Dad had to leave the next day to attend a conference in Tennessee. So, we were ironically alone in my parents house after driving 3,000 miles to come home. Just bad timing. But that was okay - Dru and I had our hands full trying to close on our new house so we didn't have a lot of time for visiting, anyway.

Poppy and Fin


Fin, kickin' back on Nana and Poppy's futon...so happy to not be in the stinkin' U-Haul.




We also visited Aunt Chelsea at her office in downtown Boise.

Then we went to her house later that evening to play on the Wii with her new FIANCE (!), Heath. Yes, Chelsea is getting married next spring and we couldn't be happier - we all really like Heath and are excited to obtain another new member of the family.


Callia kicked all of our tail at Wii bowling...seriously, it was pathetic. She got like 170+ points and the rest of us barely broke 100. Have a piece of humble pie, huh?

The kiddos, resting with Aunt JuJu


It's so nice to be HOME again!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you made it. Sounds like a really long trip. When you get all settled in e-mail me so we can get together. Maybe you me and annie can all go to lunch or something. araustinfam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I'm so glad you're back home! I second what Amanda said: once you get settled in and are up for some hanging out, let me know! I can't wait to see you and meet darling little Fin. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete