Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dru's Birthday

To celebrate Dru's birthday this year, I had my family over for a surprise party. I told Dru that we should go out for drinks to a "child-friendly" martini bar called Ice - this was entirely made-up as no such place exists and I highly doubt any martini bar is child-friendly. But I had to think of a way to get him out of his robe and showered before people came over. So, as we were ready to "leave," the doorbell rang and Dru opened the door to find my sisters and their families!

Here's the whole gang


We had Dru's favorite foods - Mexican! - and homemade margaritas...yum


Little Fin got in on the action, even though he can't drink


Although here he's looking like he could use a drink....


Then we ate cake which my awesome sister, Julia, made


The cake celebrated our two major events of the year - having Fin and buying a house. (And yes, for you keen eyes out there, those are matches instead of candles - I KNEW I'd forgotten something!)


Me and my beloved hubby


Then Dru opened his presents which included shotgun shells for his .22, a very nice brandy with shot glasses, and an iTunes gift card. Yee haw!


What a fun evening....

2 comments:

  1. Margo your sister is so talented...That is a very professional Birthday cake!...The food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say that the Margarita looks yummy!...Did you cook chili?..I saw a red pot in there!

    ReplyDelete